Prerequisite: This is not a beginner level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. We strongly recommend completion of our Defensive Handgun Advanced or Defensive Concealed Carry Class prior to registering for this course.
Ever wonder what your self defense round coming out of your handgun would do if it hit body armor? a car door panel? a steel front door? a wall in you home? Or what the wound cavity of an attacker would look by shooting a block of ballistic clay?
In this class our students will have the opportunity to verify what is cover vs concealment for vehicles, structures, and body armor. Our students will utilize both their ball ammo and their hollow point/self defense ammo through various pistol drills to see the penetration and expansion versus common materials used for cover/concealment such as plywood, drywall, concrete, steel, and glass. Students will also have the opportunity to take part in close quarter shooting in and around the vehicle through windshield, as well as shooting through windows with self defense ammo. They will also be able to test out their self defense ammo against door panels and other sections of the vehicle, verifying weak areas on our vehicles for bullet penetration. Kevlar vest panels and armor plates will be tested against the various self defense ammo as well. We will finish our class with Live Ballistic Testing of all our client’s personal hollow points with ballistic gelatin or clay to allow a real world look at expansion and penetration wound cavities. It will be a unique opportunity for all our clients attending to learn the capabilities or limitations of what they currently carry in their firearms for self defense ammunition and compare against other people's choice of self defense ammo.
- Establishing survival mindset
- Cover vs concealment for vehicles and structures
- Hollow points VS plywood, drywall, concrete, plywood, steel exterior door, steel plate ( non ar500 )
- Hollow points VS body armor, kevlar, ar500 steel plates
- Close quarter shooting around vehicle
- Close quarter shooting around barricades
- Ballistics of shooting through windshield both in and out
- Shooting through windows with self defense ammo
- Shooting through door panels with self defense ammo
- Verifying weak areas on our vehicles for bullet penetration with your hollow points
- Live Ballistic testing of all our clients personal hollow points with ballistic gelatin or clay
- Magazine Fed Pistol ( No Revolvers )
- Quality Holster
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Weather-appropriate clothing and footwear for athletic movement.
Duration: 5:30 hours
Cost : $180 per person
Estimated Round Count: 150 rounds fmj, 25-40 rounds hollow points/self defense ammo