Prerequisite: This is not a beginner level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. We strongly recommend completion of our Defensive Concealed Carry Class and Defensive Rifle prior to registering for this course. Your rifle/carbine needs to be zeroed in before arriving to this class.
Our vehicles can present a number of unique challenges for self-defense and the defense of our loved ones. Since we spend a lot of time in our vehicles it is vital we understand the reduced mobility, the dangers of the comfort in patterns the vehicle provides, the sub-optimal access to your handgun with a seatbelt, and the use of a firearm in and around your vehicle. This course is an advanced course as clients will be shooting from vehicles both moving and stationary during this course. The students will be forced to shoot in the awkward positions that a vehicle creates such as through the passenger windows both front and rear.
- Maine State Law Review for Self Defense
- Establishing survival mindset
- Proper tactics in and around vehicles
- Cover vs concealment for vehicles
- Close quarter shooting around vehicle
- Close quarter shooting in the vehicle
- Exiting vehicle under threat
- Shooting out of moving vehicle
- Rifle/ Carbine/ Pistol Carbine with Brace
- Magazine Fed Pistol ( No Revolvers )
- 3 magazines per firearm ( minimum )
- Belt mounted Holster
- Single Point Sling or Two Point Sling
- Eye and Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Sturdy belt
- Weather-appropriate clothing and footwear for athletic movement.
Estimated Round Count: 300 rounds rifle, 100 rounds pistol