Prerequisite: This is not a beginner level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster.
You must have completed at least one of the following LFA classes to take the Tactical Pistol Shoothouse class. The Tactical Pistol Operator, Vehicle Pistol Operator, Combative Pistol or Urban Pistol Operator Class would need to be completed prior to registering for this course.
This course focuses on advanced pistol fighting systems within a building. This course specifically teaches systems that cannot normally be taught in traditional square box ranges. We will teach you a variety of skills that will allow you to shoot within a building under a variety of scenarios and stress conditions. We will optimize your
marksmanship and manipulation skills as well as the combat mindset required to survive and prevail in life threatening events within your home, church, workplace or store.
- Moving and Engaging
- Improvised shooting positions
- Shooting from cover
- Bounding from cover
- Proper use of cover within building
- Dealing with doorways and corners
- Proper tactics for clearing rooms for potential threats
- Close quarter shooting
- Close proximity threat engagements
- Magazine-fed Pistol ( No revolvers)
- 3 magazines
- Belt mounted magazine pouch
- Belt mounted dominant side holster
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Sturdy belt
- Weather-appropriate clothing & footwear that allows for athletic movement.
Estimated Round Count: 250 rounds fmj + 100 rounds compressed copper frangible