Prerequisite: This is not a beginner level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. We strongly recommend completion of our Defensive Handgun Advanced or Defensive Concealed Carry Class prior to registering for this course.
This course focuses on advanced pistol fighting systems techniques. This course specifically teaches systems that cannot normally be taught in traditional square box ranges. We will teach you a variety of skills that will allow you to shoot under a variety of scenarios and stress conditions. We use a variety of drills to enhance and develop pistol
marksmanship and manipulation skills as well as the combat mindset required to survive and prevail in life threatening events.
- Moving while Drawing and Engaging
- Improvised shooting positions - off you back/prone
- Shooting from barricades/cover
- Bounding from cover
- Cognitive Drills for stress inoculation
- One-Handed Weapons Manipulation
- Dynamic Shooting Techniques
- Close proximity threat engagements
- Magazine-fed Pistol ( No revolvers)
- 3 magazines
- Belt mounted magazine pouch
- Belt mounted dominant side holster
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Sturdy belt
- Weather-appropriate clothing & footwear that allows for athletic movement.
Estimated Round Count: 250 rounds fmj + 100 rounds compressed copper frangible