Prerequisite: This is not a beginner level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills, and working from a holster. We strongly recommend completion of our Defensive Handgun Advanced or Defensive Concealed Carry Class prior to registering for this course.
This course focuses on low light and darkness pistol fighting. We specifically teach systems with handheld flashlights and weaponlights that cannot normally be taught in traditional square box ranges. You will learn a variety of skills that will allow you to shoot under a variety of scenarios and stress conditions in low light and darkness. We will enhance your marksmanship and manipulation skills as well as the combat mindset required to survive and prevail in violent attack in the dark.
- Lowlight Sight alignment techniques
- Flashlight techniques
- Weaponlight techniques
- Drawing and engaging threats
- One-Handed Weapons Manipulation
- Improvised shooting positions
- Low light close proximity engagements
- Shooting from Seated Techniques
- Dynamic Shooting Technique in Darkness
- Use Cover/Concealment Drills Lowlight/Darkness
- Magazine-fed Pistol ( No revolvers)
- 3 magazines
- handheld flashlight
- weaponlight ( optional but recommended )
- Belt mounted magazine pouch
- Belt mounted dominant side holster
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Sturdy belt
- Weather-appropriate clothing & footwear that allows for athletic movement.
Estimated Round Count: 250 rounds + 100 rounds compressed copper frangible