Prerequisite: This is not a beginner level class. The student needs to know and be able to demonstrate safe gun handling, weapon system familiarity, foundational marksmanship skills. We strongly recommend completion of our Defensive Handgun Class prior to registering for this course.
Our Defensive Handgun 102 is approved with the Maine State Police for your Maine Concealed Weapons Permit. The course will build off the shooting foundation that was formed during the Defensive Handgun 101 Class you completed earlier. It is designed for the individual with knowledge and proficiency in proper handgun shooting fundamentals. This is not a target shooting class, it’s learning to use your firearm in a realistic way to fight for your or your families life.
Students will work on increasing the speed in which they can confidently get the gun into the fight. This class will reinforce our draw stroke, building necessary muscle memory to overcome a violent attack. We will putting rounds on paper targets, steel targets, as well as multiple threat engagements and cognitive drills. You will leave feeling confident and empowered.
- Survival Mindset
- Selecting concealment gear
- Concealed carry techniques
- Proper Drawing from concealment or table
- Cognitive drills
- Multiple Threat engagements
- Admin, Speed and Tactical Reloads
- Your chosen concealed carry or home defense handgun
- 2-3 magazines
- Handgun case and Quality Holster
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Appropriate clothing & footwear ( dress in layers )
Estimated Round Count: 150 rounds