This course is designed to teach individuals the fundamentals of safety, marksmanship, and manipulation of the magazine-fed pistol or revolver.
Students will gain the confidence to not only safely handle a handgun, but also to begin the process of learning to operate a handgun in a proficient manner.
This course prepares students to not only shoot safely and correctly on the range, but also creates the fundamental base needed to take their defensive or sport shooting to the next level.
- Firearm Rules and Safety Brief
- Establishing Survival Mindset
- Maine State Law Review
- Safe gun handling
- Ammunition options & applications
- Storage & maintenance of firearms
- Fundamentals of grip and sight picture
- Proper stance and trigger control
- Intro to reloads and malfunctions
- Handgun ( one can be supplied )
- 2-3 magazines or speed loaders
- Eye protection
- Ear protection (electronic preferred)
- Weather-appropriate clothing & footwear
Duration: 3 hours
Estimated Round Count: 100 rounds